Sports Premium Funding
As a school we believe that it is vital to engage all children irrespective of their sporting abilities and therefore we have chosen to allocate our funding based upon some key principles:
- To widen the experiences of all of our children of a range of sports and activities.
- To develop a life long interest in following an active lifestyle.
- To ensure that staff have the necessary skills, knowledge, confidence and expertise to deliver high quality PE to all of our children.
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
It is up to us as a school to make decisions as to how we spend this funding. A significant proportion of our funding is allocated to a service level agreement with the Peterlee School Sports Partnership, which allows us as a school to draw on invaluable specialist support and coaching/training opportunities.
How we intend allocating our Sports Premium Funding 2019/20
How do our children benefit?
Through Sports Premium Funding our children:
- Were active.
- Developed self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Had the opportunity to excel.
- Broadened their experiences.
- Developed co-operative skills.
- Developed a sense of belonging, participating as part of a team.
- Had pride in their work and efforts.
- Celebrated success.
- Developed sporting skills- guided by experts.
- Found new interests- which they continue to develop outside of school.
- Developed many social skills, within different contexts.
- Improved levels of health and emotional well-being.
- Handled disappointment.
The Impact of Our Sports Premium Funding 2018/19
We endeavour to use this valuable funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport that we offer our children by:
- Developing or adding to the PE and sport activities that our school already offers.
- Building capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.