School Logo


Primary School

We aim high to be the best that we can be

Contact Details

Social Media

Interactive Bar

Log in

Compliments, Complaints and Feedback

Compliments and Feedback

It is important that we are able to reflect regularly upon our practice within school. If you have a child with special needs and are able to provide us with your perspective as a parent, we would greatly appreciate you letting us know about what you feel we have done well, what perhaps we might do differently and any suggestions that you feel would improve our provision for children within our school. Your views are very important to us. Please feel free to contact Mrs Henson (SENCO) in the first instance.


Mrs H. Shaw

Head Teacher

Complaints Procedure for SEN Pupils

The arrangements made by the Governing Body relating to the treatment of complaints from parents of pupils with special educational needs concerning the provision made at the school


The normal arrangements for the treatment of complaints at Shotton Primary School are used for complaints about provision made for special educational needs. We encourage parents to discuss their concerns with the class teacher, SENCo (Mrs L. Henson) or Head Teacher (Mrs H. Shaw) to resolve the issue before making the complaint formal to the Chair of the Governing Body (Mrs K. Hudson). This can be done by emailing the school directly or by making an appointment via the school office on 0191 526 2006.


If the issue is not resolved, please contact the Head Teacher, Heather Shaw, directly. The Chair of the Governing Body, Mrs Hudson, can be contacted via the school office.Please address any correspondence marked for Mrs Hudson's attention.


If the complaint is not resolved after it has been considered by the Governing Body, then a disagreement resolution service or mediation service can be contracted. If it remains unresolved after this, the complainant can appeal to the First–tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and Disability) if the case refers to disability discrimination, or to the Secretary of State for all other cases.


There are some circumstances, usually for children who have an Educational, Health and Care Plan, where there is a statutory right for parents to be able to appeal against a decision of the Local Authority. Complaints that fall within this category cannot be investigated by the school.