As a school we receive funding from Central Government based upon pupil numbers. This funding is called Sports Premium Funding and is intended to enable us as a school to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities that we offer all of our children.
As a school we believe that it is vital to engage all children irrespective of their sporting abilities and therefore we have chosen to allocate our funding based upon some key principles:
- To widen the experiences of all of our children of a range of sports and activities.
- To develop a life long interest in following an active lifestyle.
- To ensure that staff have the necessary skills, knowledge, confidence and expertise to deliver high quality PE to all of our children.
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
It is up to us as a school to make decisions as to how we spend this funding. A significant proportion of our funding is allocated to a service level agreement with the Peterlee School Sports Partnership, which allows us as a school to draw on invaluable specialist support and coaching/training opportunities.
How do our children benefit?
Through Sports Premium Funding our children:
- Were active.
- Developed self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Had the opportunity to excel.
- Broadened their experiences.
- Developed co-operative skills.
- Developed a sense of belonging, participating as part of a team.
- Had pride in their work and efforts.
- Celebrated success.
- Developed sporting skills- guided by experts.
- Found new interests- which they continue to develop outside of school.
- Developed many social skills, within different contexts.
- Improved levels of health and emotional well-being.
- Handled disappointment.
The Impact of Our Sports Premium Funding
We endeavour to use this valuable funding make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport that we offer our children by:
- Developing or adding to the PE and sport activities that our school already offers.
- Building capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.