Reception: Miss Condliffe and Miss Donoghue
Hello Reception children! We hope you have a had a nice week off for half term, we are all really looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday for a very exciting week!
Monday 2nd November
This week our Story of the Week is 'We're Going on a Bear Hunt' by Michael Rosen.
If you have this book at home ask an adult to read it to you.
If you do not have the book at home you can watch and listen to the author performing the book here.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gyI6ykDwds
After you have read the book
- Can you make your own bear hunt through your house - what could you use to go under/over/through? You could make bear footprints for your family to follow!
- Can you make a cosy cave for the bear? You could then have a picnic in the cave with the bear!
- On Friday at school we're planning to go to the woods. Can you make an invitation for the bear to join us?
- Draw a map of the route the family took to the cave in the book - can you remember the way they went?
- Can you make your own binoculars for bear hunting? Here are some instructions for you... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WqXroNfWdE
- Time for some bear hunt yoga! Watch and follow the yoga moves on Cosmic Kids Yoga as you listen to the story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAT5NiWHFIU
Continue with some of these daily activities
- Practise writing your name
- Practise saying and writing your sounds here... https://www.doorwayonline.org.uk/activities/letterformation/
- Learn your sounds here with these fun videos... https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zf2yf4j
- Match the word to the picture, practice blending the sounds https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources/phase/2/pick-a-picture
- Re-tell our story of the week Room on the Broom - can you talk about and draw pictures of different parts of the story? If you need help to remember you can listen to the story here first https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uQulEnxsRo
- Practise counting to 10
- See if you can count up to 10 objects correctly
- Practise writing numerals to 10 here https://www.doorwayonline.org.uk/activities/letterformation/
- Learn your shapes with the shape monsters! https://www.topmarks.co.uk/early-years/shape-monsters
We really hope that you enjoy the activities for today and we can't wait to hear all about it on Tuesday! See you soon, Miss Condliffe, Miss Donoghue, Mrs Akers, Mrs Christopher and Miss Duncan.
Welcome to Reception
We are really looking forward to working with your children. Here are the staff who will be working with your child this year...