Shotton Primary School, Grange Terrace, Shotton Colliery. Co. Durham. DH6 2JP
Tel. No: 0191 526 2006
Fax Number: 0191 5172198
Head Teacher: Mrs H. Shaw
Deputy Head Teacher: Mrs D. Chaytor
SEND Governor: Mrs A McGinlay
SENDCO/Special Needs Co-ordinator, Inclusion Manager and Designated Teacher for Looked after Children: Mrs L. Henson
The Role of the SENCO
It is the SENCO's job to:
- Oversee the day to day operation of the school's SEND policy.
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEND support.
- Advise on the deployment of the school's delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil's needs effectively.
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEND.
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies.
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEND pupils up to date.
- Work with the Head Teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements.
- Ensure that the school accesses additional funding where appropriate, supported by staff.
- Work with the Head Teacher, School Business Manager, other senior leaders and governors to ensure that there is accountability for funding and the notional SEN budget.